Monday, August 10, 2009





























Okay, this blog was suppose to be once a week. It has turned out to be once a month! I guess I set myself up to think I could do it on Monday's. That is my "busiest" day of the week. And the rest of the week we are on the go or playing LOTS and dancing around to Southern Gospel or Barney. It has been such a good summer. We watched some Lima beans grow in a glass jar. We would water them and put them back in the sun and talk about the changes they were making. After we got them in the window for the first time, Lily looked at me and said, "You are so cool. Maybe the coolest mom in this whole town." So, I busted out laughing (on the inside) and told her it was easy because she was the coolest kid in the whole town!
I have been learning this summer what it is really like to lean on the Lord. We are trying to find a house. We have found a couple now that (so far) have not worked out. We made an offer and they did not accept it. So, I am praying all the time and just trying to let God work it out. If I have learned anything this summer it is the lesson of letting God be in control of your life.
Okay the pictures are:
Us on the 4th of July at the Fish Hatchery in MT. Rest. Jeremy's parents were camping at the State Park so we took off on a drive. We had a really good time that day. Laci loved the fish splashing around. And Lily loved giving them food.
The girls in the sprinkler over at Jeremy's parents house.
Laci got her first hair cut. She did so good! That was her "pretty eyes" face.
Jeremy had a birthday in July. I let the girls get him a gift from the Dollar Treasure. Lily got a flashlight and Laci got him a sponge to wash his car. That was a fun trip that will leave the sweetest memories. Then all of us got him a Clemson Tigers grill grate made my one of our friends, James Jarvis. He LOVED it!!
This was his homemade birthday cake. I even made old fashion homemade icing. It was sort of hard, but I "got it". I think he will have this every year from now on. He loved it and it was worth the work.
We all went on a hike in Helen, GA after church one Sunday. Had a great time. They even built a nice deck area to sit or take pictures from. But it made us so mad to see how some people had spray painted it and carved in it. So shameful.
We have been to several of Uncle Billy's roping's. This was in a break and he took Lily and Laci on a ride. They love horses and are not afraid at all to take the reins and ride. They love their uncle Billy!!!!







No comments: