Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 3 - Lions, and Tigers, and Bears...Oh My!

Due to the fact that Jeremy and I got sun burnt yesterday, we decided this morning that we would go to the zoo. This was a tiny zoo but had the best exhibits I have ever seen. It was really like you were up close and personal with these animals. We got to see Merkats, which Lily and I love to watch on TLC.







The lion looked like it was close enough to touch! He was so pretty. No marks on him like he had ever been in a fight.




Then we saw the CLEMSON TIGER!!! There feet are so big!








The bear walked right over to where we were standing and sat down, put his paw up and "posed" for pictures.
Then we got to see them feed the alligators. You could hear them crunch the bones of the chickens!!
But the real topper to our zoo day was Laci's BLOW-OUT!!!! The only other one that came close to this was at Dollywood. We ended up throwing that outfit away. This one was just as bad. We had to recruit Lily to hold her arms while we TRIED to clean what we could. Poop was all over Jeremy, the stroller, her blankets, all down her legs, and all up her back. WHAT A MESS!! Bless her heart!
Then we ate some famous Grouper throats for lunch. Sounds gross, and in fact it is what we call Lily when we are picking on her! "I'll get your grouper throat!" But turns out they are a delicacy here in FL. They taste like chicken (and no, I am not just saying that).

After we got back we walked on the beach for awhile. Then back to the pool until 8pm. What a fun day we have had.
After bath's and grilled cheese for supper. We settled in for our Bible story. Tonight we talked about the bird's that we see diving for fish in the ocean and how God takes care of the birds and he will also take care of us. (Luke 12:22-34)

1 comment:

sharon said...

I love, love, LOVE your posts from the beach! You are a terrific blogger. And the pix are precious. So glad ya'll are having a good time together before another outage. Have FUN !!!